Sunday, July 20, 2008

some fun, an itchy nose and a hungry snake...

Well not a whole lot has been going on but here is what we have done.

Ethan's cousin Cole had his first birthday party and Ethan had a blast. He keeps talking about wanting to go back to Cole's house. They had a slip-n-slide there and so Ethan tried it for the first time and LOVED it. We're going to have to get him one now it looks like.

july 4 2008 003

july 4 2008 004

At Cole's house the kids had fun with the ping pong table. My giant child was able to see and reach over the table no problem but his petite older cousin(Addison) needed a little boost since she could barely get her eyes over the top of the table.

july 4 2008 005

july 4 2008 006

july 4 2008 007

This cat climber was a hit. The kids all fought to be the one sitting/standing on top.

july 4 2008 008

Odd odd odd....Ethan one evening was sitting on his potty before going to bed and had an itchy nose but instead of itching with his hands this is what he did. And then when we laughed at his strangeness he continued to do it while I took pictures. what a spaz!

july 4 2008 010

If you are squeamish you may not want to look at this last picture...

.

.

Friday night we set up a mouse trap to get the little pest in the dog room. They love it in there cause it's cool, has water, dog food and birdseed that the birds fling from their cage. So paradise for a mouse. But gross for us. Well we caught the mouse throughout the night and when we woke up and went to let the dogs in Saturday morning this is what we found. The snake was DETERMINED. Thankfully it wasn't a poisonous snake. But after I finally got the snake to release the 3/4 of a mouse I got the mouse out of the trap and feeling bad for the snake and how hard he had been working to get this meal I left the mouse for him. So after helping us dispose of our mouse for us he headed back out the dog door to I'm sure go digest his meal. If it's non poisonous I don't mind them as long as they leave us alone. And since he's trying to help us with our pest I didn't have a problem.  Most people would be disgusted by having a snake around. For me they are nice they help keep pest down to a minimum and if not poisonous they don't bother me. I think snakes are cool and always have so there ya go. I'm strange. :)

(don't worry this room is not part of the main house it's our back porch turned into an enclosed room with it's own A/C system so this snake never entered out house, same with the mice...thank goodness!)

july 4 2008 033

2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Great pictures! The snake is an interesting one--you ought to look him up on the internet!

And as far as the Bingo books go--you didn't forewarn me, so the craziness was your fault! ;-) Yah, next time, 2 books (until I get the hang of it!). We definitely need to go back---I'm game (no pun intended!). Ha!

Jill said...

Yeah, our kids are all about the slip n' slide. What fun! Ethan is just gettins SO big. My word. Loved, the itchy nose. That's so something my nuts would do!
Can't say I'm with you on the snake. That would have totally grossed me out. Caitlin was of course totally into it.