We have been busy with Ethan in preschool and Emily being out little explorer. She had her 9 month checkup and she’s following in her big brothers foot steps. She already 21 lbs and 29 1/2 inches long. She is in the 75th % for weight and 90th % for height. She has just recently had her two bottom teeth at the same time cut through her gums. Which has been a relief because she’s back to sleeping 6-8 hour stretches at night. So I’m only up with her once instead of every few hrs. She’s got very swollen top gums so we’ll see how long till we get those top teeth in. Ethan is loving preschool. He enjoys coming home and telling me about the new songs he learned, what kind of art stuff he did and what kids got into trouble. He loves it. We were sick for about 3 weeks in this house. I ended up with an upper respiratory infection and a sinus infection and the flu, and Ethan had gotten the flu and Bronchitis. Which put us out of commission around here for a while. Emily had gotten a cough for a couple days and Danny got the cough and only one night of fever (unlike Ethan and my almost week of 103 and 104 degree fevers). Yesterday we headed out to go visit Danny’s dad and stepmom at their campsite and go fishing and riding in their pontoon boat. Ethan got to drive and he loved it, then Emily decided she needed a chance to drive so she did too.
And last my parents have been getting the floors put in, in their “swamp house” they look SOOOO good. While Danny and I have been putting in their tile floors in the bathrooms. Danny did one and I did the other all by myself! I even used the tile saw all by myself :) My bathroom is the one with the pink walls. We now just have to cut and measure the tiles for their master bathroom and then we’ll mortar and grout.
Emily playing under the couch.
Emily about to paint all by herself.
Before…
And in the process. She kept wanting to eat the paint more than anything though!
I’m not exactly sure how Ethan took this one but I don’t remember taking it, maybe daddy took it. I thought it was cute either way!
Ethan posing for the camera in the pictures of my parents new hardwood floors in their “swamp house”
Ethan on the boat. The wind got his hair and really poofed it. But I love all the curls I hate to cut them off!
Emily driving the boat….WATCH OUT!!!!!
Ethan driving the boat.
Trying our luck at fishing while the boat was tied up at the campsite. No luck, the fish weren’t even biting!
Danny’s tiled bathroom at my parents “swamp house”
My tiled bathroom at my parents “swamp house”
This pretty butterfly was helping us out with our tile cutting, he kept landing on the tiles and on us while we were cutting the tiles. He even hung out on my hand drinking the water off my fingers. It was too cool! He was so used to us by this point I took tons of pictures and was getting within a few inches and all the did was continue to flex his wings and pose for me.


2 comments:
You guys have been busy. And very impressive tile work. Can I hire you to come do ours? :) That would be lovely. Oh wait, that takes money. Darn it! So glad that you guys are feeling better. That sounds nasty!
Wonderful! Those floors look awesome!You have done a great job--I'm so proud. We are on the last of our trip---cruising up the mediterrean back to Rome. The pyramids and the sphinx were incredible. I sure wish you had been there to share in that experience. There are no words to describe and no picture does justice. We toured the inside of one pyramid and one tomb that had 4000 year old hierglyphics that were so beautiful. It was amzaing to see all of this in the flesh. And Israel was another unbelievable experience. I can't tell you how much this expereince has meant...what a blessing! Love you and miss you. Did you get the postcard from Italy? I'm out of internet time, so I won't be checking in after this post. I'll call you when we get into the states so you know our status. Give the pooches a kiss each. I sure miss them.....and you guys too. Give the kiddos kisses too! Love you!!!
Mom
Post a Comment