Sunday, January 18, 2009

3 years ago today…

I can’t believe it’s been 3 years since my little boy came along. He’s grown so much and doing so many things that amaze me. He had a good birthday today. We had a party with the family and based it around Elmo. I made his Elmo cupcakes and we all enjoyed having too many people crammed into our too little house. Sardines, but all for a great cause. Ethan had both Danny and I cracking up in the car when we were talking about birthday’s and why they are called birthdays.

In the conversation I said

"…and 3 years ago today you came out of my tummy just like Emily did.”

He smiled a big smile and goes “ohhh….it was dark in there!”

Danny and I laughed and then said “yeah it was dark in there.”

and Ethan continued by saying ”….but I had a flashlight!”

and so Danny asked “Did you leave it it there for Emily to use?”

Ethan “yeah but I found it and then dropped in down there” (pointing between the car seats)

no there is no flashlight between the car seats…he’s just a nut!

He’s also been funny because he was saying “Happy Birthday” to everyone today and then when asked how old he is today he says “umm let me think…about 3”

Thank you to everyone for coming to help us celebrate. We enjoyed seeing everyone and I know Ethan had a blast.

A few things about Ethan.

  • He has cameras, phones, T.V., and DVD players figured out.
  • He loves Dora the Explorer, Go Diego go. (he pronounces it “bidego go”, Elmo, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and anything involving music, vehicles, and anything electronic.
  • He never stops talking and asks more questions than I have answers for sometime. Danny calls him a jabber jaws. I think if he couldn’t talk he would explode.
  • his biggest question is “_____ doesn’t bite?” (fill in the blank with ANYTHING…including fire trucks, trees and anything he sees.
  • He is becoming a pro staller.
  • His phone obsession has moved to keys and he knows what each key on everyone’s key chains go to  
  • He’s getting very good at taking pictures.
  • his fav foods are corn dogs, pizza, Yummies Japanese food, cheese quesadillas with salsa on top and anything sugary of course. Carrots, broccoli.
  • He can open all the child safety locks and all the child resistant medicine bottles. (he showed us he could with his vitamin bottle)
  • He wears a size 9 shoe, 4-5T shirts and 3T pants.
  • He’s fully potty trained and is even able to keep his pull-up dry most nights.
  • his fav songs to sing are “oh christmas tree”, his “ABC’s”, “The wheels on the bus”, “rock a bye baby”, “Old Mac Donald had a farm”(or as he would say “old mac donald’s had a farm” most wiggle songs, the theme songs to mickey mouse, dora the explorer and Elmo, “jack and jill”, “jiggle bells”, “here comes santa clause”
  • he eats happy meals from Old Mac Donalds (and he’ll correct you if you only call it McDonalds 
  • he’s hard headed, stubborn, opinionated but also sweet, loving , protective and gentle to anyone he loves.

That’s just a few things we could think of….while tired.  I’ll probably have another post (mainly for my memory) on the silly things Ethan does and an update on how tall he is now after his 3 year checkup from the doc. Now for Birthday boy pictures.

His Elmo cupcakes.

Ethan 3rd Birthday 110

Ethan enjoying his hotdog.

Ethan 3rd Birthday 121

Ethan getting ready to blow out his candles, Autumn keeping watch. (Autumn is 11 hours younger than Ethan, me and her mom Tara were in the hospital together and visited each other in our rooms during our hospital stay.

Ethan 3rd Birthday 124

Ethan 3rd Birthday 125

Ethan 3rd Birthday 133

Ethan 3rd Birthday 136

A few pictures of the crowd. Still didn’t get everyone.

Ethan 3rd Birthday 116

Ethan 3rd Birthday 117

Ethan 3rd Birthday 119

Ethan 3rd Birthday 118

Aunt Debbie and Uncle Dennis enjoying Annie and Lee’s little girl Cadence, she is 4 days older than Emily.

Ethan 3rd Birthday 122

Ethan 3rd Birthday 139

Ethan 3rd Birthday 140

Ethan enjoying one of his gifts, a monster truck video game thing. He got the hang of it quick,  but really enjoys watching the monster truck spin in circles!

Ethan 3rd Birthday 143

Ethan 3rd Birthday 142

He got some bath fizzies that change the water different colors. Of course he had to try them out!

Ethan 3rd Birthday 146

My attempts at getting a cute non silly birthday picture.

Ethan 3rd Birthday 147

Ethan 3rd Birthday 149

Ethan 3rd Birthday 150

Ethan 3rd Birthday 152

 

I know my parents took many pictures also, check out their blog for more pictures! I only got a few due to the craziness of being the host. I can’t believe it’s been 3 years! I love this kid, even though he makes me nuts and at times I think I’m going to go crazy from his constant jabbering and question asking. I wouldn’t have him any other way. He’s my main little man!

I LOVE YOU ETHAN!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUGGIE BUBBA!!

5 comments:

Jill said...

What a cutie. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys. Love you!

Lindsey said...

Super cute cupcakes!!! Go martha stewart Go:)
Happy Birthday Ethan!!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Fun party! Ethan is such a character!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Oh--and one last thing---his being a jabber-jaws, well, I hate to break it to you, but he's taken after his mom. You talked non-stop from the moment you could talk--and sometimes you still do. But, I love you anyway. ;-)

Linda and Dave Browne said...

oh yeah--and that stalling thing---you used that technique too. :-)