Thursday, February 7, 2008

Papa needs a goat!

Well sorry for the lag in posting. I was sick all last week with a nasty cold. All I wanted to do was sleep when Ethan slept and lounge on the couch while he was awake. We even recruited Grandma Browne in to entertain Ethan for a bit one afternoon because I'm sure I was boring him out of his mind. Well after all that Ethan gets it. He seemed ok until Friday late morning when he started crying and saying "owie owie" and pointing at his ear, well luckily we already had a doctor appointment that afternoon for his 2 year check up. Unfortunately due to his ear hurting him Ethan took only a 20 minute nap (he is a 2 hour napper, anything less= cranky!) well I headed off to his doc appointment where he was fine until we got into the back and had to take his boots off to weigh him, he had a melt down, he loves his boots, hates the doc office, didn't feel well and was tired. Sure enough we had an ear infection AGAIN in the same ear as before. He went the whole first year of his life with no ear infections and hardly getting sick to having had 4 ear infections 2 of which have been in little over a month! Well the doc put him on a different antibiotic and sent him home. It didn't end there, that evening Ethan's fever shot up to 103 (this is with tylenol and motrin in him so I could only imagine how hot he would have been without it!) and he was up all night crying in pain, well we figured it was the ear and continued giving him pain meds and using his drops the doc prescribed for his ears to help with pain. Well come Sunday and no change, so I was going to call the doctor on Monday because he was still up all night crying and with fever, but Monday came around and Ethan was acting much happier and fever was gone, or so we thought so I decided the meds finally kicked in and are working, but nope Monday night (about an hour after the ped center closes) Ethan's fever shot back up and he was crying in pain, my normally active, nothing gets him down kid spent the whole evening cuddling with us on the couch crying or dozing off. Up all night again. Tuesday despite the fact that the fever was back down I took him in where he had blood tests, poked prodded and looked at, the we were sent to get him a chest x-ray due to the raspyness of his breathing and then sent home to await the results to find out new meds to put him on. Well after all that blood test showed he had a raised white blood count and the xray looked fine so we figured it was just a virus + the ear infection causing all the problems. We got his new meds and he had his first dose on Monday and second Tuesday morning, by Tuesday afternoon Ethan was back to Ethan, wild, loud and into trouble, no fever and lots less pain. Today he's doing much better and still no fever. So I am guessing this time the meds really are working! Yay!

Ethan's 2 year checkup we learned he is still in the 97th percentile for height (at a whopping 37 inches tall) and in the 97th percentile also for weight (at 31 lbs, but due to not feeling good and lack of appetite was back down to 30 at his Tuesday appointment. This percentile I ignore because Ethan is no where near fat, but 31 in heavy for an average kid his age I guess, but we gotta remember he's tall and SOLID). As for his test he was doing many things at a 3 year old level such as naming his colors pointing out the correct pictures and saying what they were when asked and so forth so he's proven above average for that too. Even considering we couldn't complete 50% of them due to his crying. His vision test came out good and all but his ear look well.

As for the meaning of the title, a few weeks ago Ethan said his first complete sentence (not just putting words together trying to make a sentence) I was watching animal planet and they had a show about Fainting Goats. They're too funny and so I just being silly said to Ethan "that's what papa needs, papa needs a goat!" and that's all it took, he heard it once and kept telling me and later nana and papa "Papa needs a goat!" He's said a few more full sentences since but that was his first.

Here are a few pictures I've taken since my last picture post.

The top left is of Ethan with his big Elmo, usually Elmo sleeps at the foot of his bed but when I went to check in on him one night this is what I found and thought it was too cute!

The second well it was just an Elmo photo shoot, I'm not sure he has enough, what do you guys think? Ethan calls Elmo "Melmo" and makes sure Elmo eats and drinks too. It's so fun to watch him!ethanjan2008 016ethanjan2008 005

The picture on the left is Ethan in front of his new computer (a mish mash of computer parts Danny had in his computer room the computer has his game on it and that's about all it can handle, which is perfect and it keeps our computers safe! He got a computer game and keyboard for his birthday and he loves it. Now he's always talking about his "boop boop" which to him is how you say computer! What a nut! ethanjan2008 010ethanjan2008 003

The picture on the left is of Ethan flying Danny's Remote control helicopter he got for Christmas. They both love it and Ethan has even figured out how to fly it pretty well!ethanjan2008 006ethanjan2008 009ethanjan2008 012This picture if of Ethan riding his horse. He got it from his grandma and grandpa mainprize (or as Ethan calls them nana and papa price). It needed a little TLC but once I repainted it and brought it inside Ethan loves it and goes NUTS riding it, we keep our fingers crossed that his grip wont slip!

ethanjan2008 001This picture was just a cute one of Ethan cuddling on the couch with Vega.

 

4 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Poor baby, he's had a rough week--and so have you. Glad to hear everyone is better. :-) Yep, Papa needs a goat...to add to the menagarie. :-)

Jill said...

You guys sound like you've had a horrible week! I'm glad that your both feeling better. That's no fun! Thanks for the update and new pictures. I was about to email you and bug you for something new! :)

Lindsey said...

oh my!! poor little guy. glad to hear he is feeling better. I love that his first sentence is about a goat....i laughed so hard!! he is looking more and more like you everyday!!

Lindsey said...

hey wait a second there you cheater....how'd you get such a cute background? i tried to get tricky like sabrina and lost my contacts....what'd you do? did you loose your widgets or whatever they call them?