Well the Mainprize house has not been a welcoming one this past week. Although we did get our Christmas lights and in honor of my dad some Lawn trash (just one but it's a start!) I'll post pictures later! The rest of the week was a sick one. Ethan once again picked up something (we went a year without sickness and now that he's a toddler he's finding everything despite my cart cover and high chair cover for going out! Tuesday morning Ethan woke up lethargic and could hardly keep his eyes open and FREEZING despite the sweats and sweatshirt he had on. I couldn't get him warm, his feet were blue, fingers were blue and lips were blueish purple. I called the doctor and they told me to bring him right in. By the time we got there of course he warmed up and all color was normal, but he was still not the normal Ethan. He cried at everything and sat in my arms the whole time (if you know Ethan you know that would NEVER happen) well after testing his heart, and lungs, along with a flu test and other blood tests they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. They said he was either coming down with something or it sounded alot like how people act after a seizure. So we were sent home with instructions to keep an eye on him. He was sleepy acting all day and just not right but at least he was back to playing and walking around the house. I left to go to an activity at the church (glass etching) and while I was gone I guess Ethan showed Danny the fun side of parenting and threw up EVERYWHERE. I guess Danny got him to the bathroom door before Ethan threw up. But the distance from the bathroom door and the wall is probably about 4 feet. Well from the bathroom door Ethan managed to hit the opposite wall and everything in between. Good thing I was gone! Although I ended up coming home and cleaning the bathroom again to get the smell out. After that Ethan was alright, still off but better than he had been all day. Well wed he was doing MUCH better and perking up but still no appetite (I don't blame him). But Come Thursday, Danny walks in the door at 9am that morning, yep now he had it. He ended up with a HORRIBLE migraine headache and aches all over along with the throwing up part. (lovely household right?) So while Danny was out for the count I watch Ethan. By Friday Danny was doing better until he overdid it and ate a bunch of pizza and well lets say it didn't settle well. Saturday. (if you haven't guessed it, it's my turn) I was doing fine Saturday morning, we even went and got Ethan a picture with Santa (they will also be posted later) and wandered around a furniture store...well since my parents were in Orlando enjoying themselves we went over to their house to check on the dogs, by this point I was had been having a stomach ache, still nothing bad though and then just went down hill from there. I was SICK. Out for the count, and spent way too much time in the bathroom. Sunday was an improvement, Danny was fine, Ethan was fine and I was still a bit woozy but I was doing much better. So Ethan went to play with grandma Barb while I stayed in bed and Danny played computer games. So if anyone was wondering why no new blogs...well there ya go. I am just now feeling up to sitting at the computer! Hope all is well out there. I'll have pictures up soon.
Monday, December 3, 2007
BLEH....the sound of the week.
Posted by Stef at 1:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yech! Glad to hear everyone's feeling better! Also glad we weren't around to catch that~although I think I had my own version of the crud earlier last week. :-)Fall and Winter are always so much fun!
Man, that doesn't sound good. I'm glad that you're all feeling better! Can't wait to see some pictures.
yuck yuck and more yuck! There's nothing worse than having to see your baby all sick and then feeling sick yourself!
ohh honey that sounds aweful!! looks like you got all worn out from your birthday festivities!! and glass etching?? how fun! what did you make??? glad you are feeling better!! give ethan a big sqeeze for aunty linds
Post a Comment