Well yesterday was a fairly uneventful day. Unfortunately I can't tell you the same about last night. Ethan....ethan...ethan...he is his fathers son! We were wrapping up the night, 10 minute away from putting Ethan to sleep. He had other plans I guess. All is calm, we were watching Amazing Race and relaxing. Ethan was playing behaving himself and then all the sudden blood curdling scream (my heart left my chest at this point) Ethan was crying so hard he held his breath and his lips turned purple. Knowing he was coloring and playing with a crayon I searched for the crayon, found it, but discovered that the tip was missing. Well Ethan finally started breathing and stopped squirming and thrashing around (still crying though) we started hunting for the crayon tip. If you haven't guessed we found it. IN HIS EAR. Jammed wayyyyy in there and no way for us to get it out. We had also noticed he had blood coming from his ear. We freaked a bit, threw shoes on (me in my pj's but not caring) threw pants on Ethan (cause it was freezing outside) and headed off to the ER. By this point Ethan was done crying which made us feel better but we still knew he had crayon in his ear. Well after almost 2 hours at the ER we left with the crayon piece removed, one p.o.ed child (cause it took 4 of us to pin him down so we could get it out) and two tired parents. Luckily the crayon didn't do any damage it was pushed right up against the ear drum though. We also found out that Ethan had at least one ear infection (the other was hard to tell because it was already inflamed from the ordeal) so after making him gag down 2 types of meds, being sent home with pain meds for him and a 3rd med (they told us to give it to him at home because kids tend to throw it back up) along with a prescription to be filled today, we were tired and by 11:30pm Ethan was asleep. We kept telling Ethan there are other ways of prolonging his bedtime.
Also by the way I discovered my camera has NERVE. When we were in Atlanta I had to buy batteries for it. well I usually use Energizer batteries for it but this time I bout Panasonic, you'd think it wouldn't matter. Obviously my camera is a battery snob. I decided to try some of our batteries here (figuring it wouldn't matter cause the other ones were brand new too) well to my surprise i put them in, turned it on and POOF like nothing was wrong it turns on and was ready to go. I tell ya. NERVE. So after spending the money on new batteries and then on a disposable camera, all it wanted was energizer batteries. GRRRRRR. But I'm back in the picture taking business. YAY. I think I'm still going to keep my eyes open for new cameras though. Just because this one is old, slow, a battery guzzler, slow, picky, slow, and did i mention slow?
Monday, November 19, 2007
Boys will be boys.
Posted by Stef at 2:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Just wait until Ethan figures out he can push something up his nose too! :-)
Glad to hear that your slow camera is back. At least you're able to keep up ~slowly.
Oh no!! poor little guy!! out of all the holes in his little body, he had to find the ear....that is the worst! Tell little monster that if he wants attention there are other ways to get it! Also tell him, he can't hear my millions of ticking clocks if he is deaf....:) Glad he is doing ok!! scary for you though! and sorry to hear about your snobby camera....tell danny you want a thanksgiving/birthday present:) and he could count that as his present too....what better present for him to recieve on his birthday, then a gift for his beautiful wife.
Oh my gosh, how scary! The bloody ear would have put me over the edge for sure! I am so glad he's ok though! your trip to atlanta looked super fun. I love the pics of E by the jelly fish things. Also, thanks so much for helping me find my inner mom beast and letting max cry. I couldn't have done it without my awesome friends!
In his ear!? What are kids thinking when they do stuff like that? I can even imagine.
Im glad that there was no permanant damage done. That is pretty scary.
Get a good nights rest tonight!
Man, that's scary. The blood would have totally put me over the edge. I'm glad he's okay. That was always one of my biggest fears. So, far neither of them seem to be too curious about any of those orfices, except to pick. :) Glad he's okay. That's scary.
I'm glad your slow, but useful camera is working again. I hope you get a faster one soon. Slow cameras and our kids just don't mix well. Have a Happy Birthday tomorrow!
Post a Comment