Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Our new table. Is it big enough?

Well today me and my mom (and of course Ethan) headed to Valdosta to Sams (Which is Georgia's version of Costco just not as good. ) Well me and Danny have been needing a new table, if you saw my Mr fix-it blog that was them trying to buy us time with our table. It did work but today me and my mom found a treasure! I love this deal. This table was out and I really liked it but I knew I couldn't have it because we couldn't afford $700 for a new table right now. Well while we were looking at it an employee came up and asked if we were interested in the table, we said yes but we can't unfortunately couldn't afford it just yet. Well he said "well I have one back in the back that is on clearance the people brought it back because two of the chairs are missing dowels on the bottom but they are still use able" so we asked how much and both being very surprised(expecting him to still say 500ish) well he said "it's $225" and our mouths dropped! We asked to see it and he showed it, beautiful and all there except the dowels for the chairs. So after a little thinking we bought it! Duh! Well a little about this, it is a counter top size table (although we have short counters or something because come to find out it is taller than our counters!) It is huge and it shrinks our kitchen but I still love it, it is solid wood and comes with 8 chairs. In my pictures it is the smallest it gets it even has a leaf to make it bigger! It is solid wood, and you can tell because it is HEAVY! But the best part of it all, my dad pulled out the table and found the missing dowels! The people failed to look under the table in the box and so returned a perfect table, so all in all I got a perfect $700 table for $225 (well $241 with tax). YAY DEALS! So what do you think is it big enough? :)



6 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so nice!! and I LOVE how tall it is!! nice choice!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

You're just lucky I didn't have a place to put it! ;-) I love deals and this is by far one of the best we've gotten! Yay us!!!

The Powells said...

Thats the same table my parents have and I've always ENVIED it! I LOVE it. Good choice. I'll come and see it one of these days...I promise!

Lindsey said...

That is beautiful! I love it!! The wood is just georgous! Fantastic choice!!

Jill said...

Great deal!!! I love those taller tables! My kids just wiggle so much at the table, I don't trust them up that high! We decided our next kitchen table!

Jessica Kettle said...

ooooh you lucky duck! I can't believe you got such a good deal on it! Most places you would have paid 200 bucks just for one of the chairs! I am obsessed with deals like that. That is an amazing one!