Saturday, September 29, 2007

Wet, Sandy Bugs and a Toad

WET
Ethan sure loves the hose and water! He kept filling, dumping and then refilling his Tonka truck!






SANDY

Well even though we cover Ethans sand box he still had 2 toads that like to hide and live in the nice cool sand. One was hiding and the second was discovered by Ethan. He actually walked away from the toad today and said "bye bye frog" which it the first sentance he has said. Along with saying frog for the first time.




BUGS
Well boys will be boys. As you will see! Danny has helped Ethan discover the locust shells. They live in the ground but like lizards they need to shed their skin. So they climb up the trees, hold on and shed. They are UGLY things but just so everyone knows they aren't the actual bugs just their skin/shells. But they are all over our tree trunks. So here are a few pictures of them and the bugs. (Yes those are the bug skin things on their shirts!)



4 comments:

Jill said...

He looks to be very much a boy. He reminds me of Caitlin. :) Caleb wouldn't be caught dead doing any of those things!

The Powells said...

WOW - You really do have your hands full! I was wondering what those bug shells were all over the place... nice to finally know what they are! As for toads and other critters, they are ALWAYS swimming our pool! I think it's gross. I'll plan a trip down there sooner than later! Tyson needs to get over a nasty cold first though!

Lindsey said...

remember when we would torture bugs? I guess he is more like his mother than I thought:) I love the picture of him drinking out of a hose!!

The Aprecios said...

Its so true what you said about birds. I had to get rid of my conure because he fell in love with my dog and tried to take my toes off if I got near her! It was aweful! He was the sweetest thing until he met Briz.
But yeah, the bird at the zoo loved me because of my sexiness. I left that out of the story so that it didnt sound like I was bragging. But you knew.