Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random Kid pictures.

I just wanted to post some pictures of the kiddos. We haven’t done much. Emily took her first steps on Thursday and has taken as many as 3 steps in a row. She cracks us up. She loves pushing cars and trucks around the house. She’s trying so hard to talk she says many different things she says “Ma-ma”, “Hey!”, “Ba” (for Bath) “Boo” (for bug) and “bu” (for blue) and “Ea” (for Eat)even though they all seem so close they all sound different and I know what she means when I hear it. She loves playing with Ethan’s little bug fake bugs and she is trying everyday to say other things but not anything that sticks. She mimics everything. She has even learned how to blow Ethan’s train whistle, draw on his magnadoodle (i’ll have to get a picture of it for you guys), she likes to sing with the music in the car and she refuses baby food. She has finally got 1 tooth but it’s only about 1/4 of the way up, it’s taking it’s time. The other one broke through but hasn’t made any progress upwards. She’s a very smart girl and she’s been watching her very smart brother so it has just sped up her progress. She amazes me everyday.

Ethan is loving preschool. Thankfully we haven’t been sick since and it’s a blast hearing him come home and sing the songs he sings at school. He also cracks me up when he tells me things like “mrs joan wouldn’t play the 5 little hotdog song!” and “mrs joan forgot to turn off the radio before we left, geez! silly mrs joan!” He also finally reached a new milestone, he made it through his first full length movie. Toy Story 2. He’s constantly amazing me at how much he grows, it’s fun watching him grow but sad it’s going to fast!

Emily still loves the water, Danny came up with this idea, simple but both kids had a blast!

9-6-09 037

My princess. I can’t help it, she just melts me everytime I see her! Isn’t she gorgeous!!

9-6-09 040

This was a fluke shot, he didn’t have a chance to give his normal goofy smile, It’s my sweet boy smile!

9-6-09 041

Practicing good oral hygiene. 

9-6-09 043

Here is a cute picture, even with Ethan’s goofy smile I was talking about above.

9-6-09 045

9-6-09 063

She can actually get this to make noise. She watched Ethan and then figured it out. When she put her mouth up to is and tried poking it as if pushing a button she realized it didn’t work, so she watched Ethan and realized he was blowing and wa-la! She started blowing and now it works. She loves this whistle now too!

9-6-09 067

5 comments:

Jill said...

I just can't believe how big she is getting! Why does it have to fly by so fast! Glad you are all healthy now.

The Powells said...

Emily is so cute! I think she looks just like you and she is such a pretty baby! I love her blue eyes. I can't wait till Emi walks too!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Cute pictures of cute kiddos!!!!!!! Of course I'm not biased one bit! They're growing up too fast!

Jenn said...

Such cute pictures! I have been so behind on all my blog reading/commenting--sorry! I am so impressed that you had Emily paint! (That's why I sent mine to preschool--I didn't want to deal with the mess!) And the tray of water was a great idea, too! I miss seeing you! Maybe one day soon, all my kids will be well, and I can get over for a visit! So glad Ethan is enjoying preschool!

Lindsey said...

Emily is looking MORE MORE like you everyday. Seriously darling. She looks like an angel!! And I still crack up at Ethan's little grin, that kid ALWAYS looks like he has got something up his sleve:)