Wednesday, February 25, 2009

David Whiteford Browne

I know this is a bit late of a blog but I still needed to do it.

On February 8, 2009 my grandpa passed away. He had been fighting many years of liver failure. He was a wonderful man and will be missed. He was always making me smile or giving me wonderful advice. Some I took and some I didn’t take, and then later realized I should have. We all went out for his funeral which was held on February 14th 2009. Here are some pictures of him and of the family gathering for the funeral.(Be aware this is a long post)

My Grandpa In 2006 at the family Reunion celebrating my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary.

washington trip 070

washington trip 079

The Funeral

Picture 139

 Picture 141

My brother Ryan, my dad and my hubby Danny.

Picture 148

Picture 069

My Grandma with Ethan and my nephew Caleb.

Picture 061

Me and my niece Caitlin making faces at each other. 

Picture 055

Caitlin took this picture of Emily, cute I think.

Picture 239

Me and my dad.

Picture 254

Other Pictures

Ethan and Danny on the plane. The kids did wonderful on all the flights. Emily slept almost the whole time and Ethan watched his movies on the portable DVD player. He was even good on the way back despite being sick and with a fever.

Picture 047

Pretty Washington. This is one of the pretty views we had of Mt. Saint Helens.

Picture 015

My mom,Caitlin and Emily. Uncle J playing with markers.

Picture 001 Picture 040

Emily’s sleeping arrangements while in the hotel. Yes that is my suitcase. :)

Picture 030 

Caleb and Ethan. These boys were joined at the hip the whole time.

Picture 050

Caleb, J and Ethan

Picture 074

Goofs

Picture 089

My wonderful sister-in-law Jill and Me.

Picture 052

Aunt Lorriann and Emily      Caleb and Ethan (notice their height, Caleb is 2 years older than Ethan.

Picture 097  Picture 090

Ethan in the car. I just thought it was a cute picture of him.

Picture 058

All my parents Grandkids together.

Picture 111

Emily

Picture 112

The only time Emily was not being held was at night when she was sleeping.

Picture 158  Picture 098

Will, J and Mike goofing around.

Picture 119

My brother Ryan and Ethan making faces.

Picture 123  Picture 282

My Uncle Will, his wife Lorriann and Emily.

Picture 125

Cute kiddos.                    My Grandma holding Emily.

Picture 188 Picture 240

Caleb and my Cousin Judd goofing around.

Picture 154

Lorriann teaching will a lesson using the “Board of Education”

  Picture 161  Picture 249

The sunset from my Grandmas back deck.

Picture 096

My Grandma with all her boys.

Picture 322

A very cute picture of Emily.

Picture 384 

washingtontrip2 002

2 comments:

Jill said...

It was sure great to see you guys. I'm sure missing you more now though. I like the way you did your pictures. Every time I try to mess with different sizes, it takes me forever to get it right. And it still never does what I want it to. Very cute.

Linda and Dave Browne said...

NIce post---but alot of those pictures are from my camera! :-) But, at this rate who knows if I'll ever get more up! :-) I love the pictures of your grandpa at the reunion--those are the best.