Sunday, February 24, 2008

Too much rain!

We have been fighting with no rain for so long well it's making up for it. According to my parents their rain gage showed that we got about 7 inches in 2 separate rain storms all in about 24 hrs. Our back porch (that we enclosed and have been trying to get finished and was about to paint the wall and add the baseboards) FLOODED all the way up to the sliding glass door. These pictures aren't of it completely flooded but it showed the mud and mess the water brought in with it. Our backyard and front yard were rivers. in the end Danny used his shopvac and sucked over 72 gallons of water out of our back room. It also flooded in areas it normally doesn't leading to some water also in our laundry room. What a mess. Ignore the disaster of the room in the pictures we were throwing anything we didn't want damaged on the top of the dog bed and even those got wet because we had water over 3 inches deep in our dog room/back porch. I added some pictures of our yard during and the fact that my camera picked up the rain drops shows how big they are. We also have noticed other places that were flooded. There is a huge horse pasture down our street that was COMPLETELY under water. Looked like a big swamp I don't know what they did with the horses! It's been over 2 days and there are still puddles and standing water in our yard and all over town! We got drenched! Now it's time to rip out the carpet and drywall in our porch along with insulation and start over! What a mess! These pictures are during the first part of the rain, yes it got worse than this but we began to get worried the back porch would flood into our house so I didn't get any of the real bacd flooding but these pictures were taken about 5 minutes into the rain if that gives some idea. The rain lasted all of about 30 minutes and but it came down hard and nothing could drain fast enough!

flood 003

Yes there is supposed to be grass under there, the grill was under water too! flood 010

Notice the mud, too bad the water didn't take it back with it! UGH what a mess! We finally had the room to where we could see a finished project but now it's back to ripping out the drywall and carpet and replacing everything, we'll see if a steam cleaner can recover the carpet, hopefully! This was the first bit of the flooding, about 3 minutes after this there were no dry spots and it was about to overflow on top of the dog bed (where the chairsdog blankets and other stuff are)flood 006

4 comments:

Jill said...

Man, that stinks! I feel for you! That water stuff is horrible. I'm sure the mud is even worse. I'm sorry there was so much damage.

Kylee said...

Stef, I am so sorry! That is horrible to have to start your whole project over again. Good luck with that. At least you guys are safe! :)

Lindsey said...

you should get a canoe...that way you can float through your house safely:) sorry about that babe!! that sucks! I'm glad you guys didn't float away! stay safe, and dry

Jessica Kettle said...

how crazy is that??! I hope your stuff didn't all get completely ruined! How sad!