Friday, August 31, 2007

Jen Shaw/Powell

Well Thursday me and Ethan made the 2 hour trip up to Fort Benning and it was quite the adventure. It was just a short trip mainly because I didn't know how Ethan would do in the car for two hours (on the way back took slightly longer as i missed the turn off in Albany so me and Ethan stopped for Ice Cream at DQ...my goal was to keep him awake until we got home...and it worked!) We had fun, me never being on a military base enjoyed seeing some of the things there and I do hope we'll be allowed back sometime and maybe get to see some more of the things around there. We arrived there a little later than I had hoped but we had a later start than I expected. That's what happens with a toddler though! It was nice and Ethan had fun. Didn't take him long to find the broom and all the thing most kids would ignore! It was a bit of a reality check for me that my "baby" really isn't as much of a baby as I thought. I still have a hard time thinking of him as a toddler! He was towering over Tyson. They are about 8 months apart Ethan being almost 20 months now and Tyson a year! Ethan weighing 10 lbs more than little Tyson looked like a monster! Not to mention height! Ethan is in the 10th percentile in height meant that Tyson reached a bit below Ethan's shoulders. (but still there is a 8 month age difference so Ethan being a bunch bigger isn't tooo much of a shock, with the way Tyson eats he'll catch up in no time!) I knew he was big but it's just crazy to think HOW big. Tyson was adorable and was pushing his walker toy EVERYWHERE. He's a blast and it was great getting with Jen again. We haven't seen each other for almost 5 years! Last time we'd seen each other was at me and Dan's wedding! Crazy how time flies! We had fun talking about our kids and all the craziness kids put you through, along with the bugs, heat and bugs of GA. I can't wait to get together with her and hopefully we'll get a bit more time next time!

2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Glad you two got to hang out. There's nothing better than meeting up with old friends!

The Powells said...

Hey! I'm back from the great Emerald Coast! It was a great trip - now I can do laundry, cool off my sun-burn, relax and think about when I should drive down there and see you! (It'll be a few weeks - as Tyson screamed the the last hour or so of the drive down AND back!) It was so good to see you!